Strawberry Lemonade Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"A refreshing summer drink in dessert form, these fruity, easy to make and take bars are a guaranteed crowd pleaser. I know, because I take these bars to almost every summer get-together...they are always requested!"
PLUS: This recipe is a finalist in our 2017 Summer Potluck Challenge!
Check out the other recipes here and cast your vote for your favorite summer potluck recipe today. Voting ends 7/31/17.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time30 min
Type of DishDessert
- 1 1/2 stick Butter divided at room temperature
- 1 box Store-bought lemon flavored cake
- 1 Egg
- 3 cups Strawberry jam, divided
- 1 cup half and half, divided
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 4 ounces Whipped cream cheese
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- 4 drops Green food coloring
- 10 drops Dark red food coloring
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 1/2 stick of the butter. Brush 8 X 12 inch rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter, then line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix together the remaining melted butter, cake mix, egg, 1/2 Cup of the strawberry jam, and 2 tablespoons of the half and half. Add the white chocolate chips and stir just to combine. The mixture will be very thick. Spread the mixture evenly onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Use the back of a spoon to push the mixture around and into the corners of the pan. Smooth out evenly. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove and let cool completely.
To make the frosting, place the remaining stick of butter and the cream cheese into the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, along with the remaining 2 tablespoons half and half. Remove two, 1/4 cup portions of the frosting and place into two separate bowls. Add eight drops red food coloring to one, and four drops green to the other. Mix each color thoroughly, then place into zip top bags. Add the remaining 1/4 cup strawberry jam to the frosting left in the mixer bowl along with 2 drops of red food coloring. Whip until thoroughly mixed. Spread the strawberry frosting evenly onto the cooled bars.
Lift the bars from the baking sheet. Cut into 12 squares. Snip a small hole into the corner of each bag of tinted frosting. With the red frosting, pipe an upside down triangle onto the center of each bar to make a strawberry. Then, pipe three lines onto the top of each berry with the green frosting to make stems.
Place the bars onto a platter for serving.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This German Chocolate Lover's Frozen Pie is one of the easiest desserts you'll make this summer. Who can pass up an ice cold and… Continue reading: "German Chocolate Lover's Frozen Pievideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Homemade Breakfast Hot Pockets
- Chicken And Potato Bake
- Tomato Soup
- Zucchini Tomato Pasta
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pudding Dessert
- Biscuits And Sausage Gravy
- Almond Apricot Energy Balls
- Salsa Fresca
- Easy Italian Ricotta Cake
- Vegetarian Baked Beans
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes