Granola Strawberry Parfait
Parfait is the French word for perfect. That's about the best way to describe the taste of this luscious low-fat, whole grain dessert - edible proof that granola is not just breakfast fare!
If you don't have 6 tall parfait glasses, use wine goblets or drinking glasses.
- 1 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta
- 1/4 cup low-fat, plain yogurt
- 5 tablespoons tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/4 pound strawberries, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cup Nature's Path Flax Plus Granola
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Puree ricotta, yogurt, and jam in a food processor. Stir in orange zest.
- Reserve 6 small strawberries for garnish; cut remaining strawberries into thick slices.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons Flax Plus Granola into each glass. Top with 2 tablespoons of ricotta mixture and a thick layer of strawberry slices. Repeat with a second layer of granola, ricotta, and strawberries. Top with a whole strawberry, and garnish with a few mint leaves.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed, up to 6 hours
Read NextStarbucks Lemon Loaf