We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"When the simple ingredients come together in this recipe, you get a lot of flavor and richness. This is one of those desserts where a little goes a long way, so you can be satisfied with just a few bites if you’re watching your weight. The key to mastering the flavor of tiramisu is the strong coffee flavor. You get this by creating a mixture of a flavorful coffee and a coffee liquor that you dip the ladyfingers into. I like when coffee companies make it easy to find a really strong flavor for this recipe by laying out the intensity levels of their different coffees and espressos, such as the Gourmesso website. You kick the coffee flavor up a notch when you add a coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua. With all the coffee flavor, this recipe is perfect for coffee lovers!"
NotesYou can make individual servings by using glasses. Break the ladyfingers up into pieces that will fit your glasses and do the same soaking and layering as the recipe states.
Recipe adapted from Food.com
Preparation Time30 min
Chilling Time1 hr
Cooking Vessel Size 9"x13" baking dish
- 2-3 cups of strong coffee, let cool
- 2 eggs, yolks and white separated
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua (or other coffee liqueur with enhanced coffee flavor)
- 8 ounces ladyfingers
- Natural cocoa powder for dusting
Brew coffee and transfer to a medium bowl. Let cool completely. You can place the coffee in your fridge to cool.
Prepare one large mixing bowl and one medium metal bowl. Make sure two bowls are perfectly clean and dry.
Separate egg yolks into the large mixing bowl and the whites go into the metal bowl. Set the whites aside.
Add sugar in the large mixing bowl and beat with a hand-held mixer on medium speed until the mixture goes pale and thick.
Add mascarpone cheese into the yolk mixture. Beat until well combined. Clean and dry your mixer.
In another bowl, whip heavy cream using the cleaned mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks hold, about 7-8 minutes. And gently fold the whipped cream into the yolk and cheese mixture. Do not beat.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you're looking for a dish that's packed with protein and is super easy to make, look no further than this recipe for Slow Cooked… Continue reading: "Slow Cooked Southern Steakvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Nutella Brownies
- Healthy Pumpkin Soup (no cream)
- Cranberry Sauce
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Strawberry Bread with Whipped Strawberry Butter
- Crock Pot Ham with Cola Glaze
- The Total Yodel Shot Recipe
- Baked Feta Sausage Pepper Dip
- Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes