Chocolate Crepe Cake Roll
This is the dessert for breakfast recipe you've been looking for.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sometimes your sweet tooth simply cannot be denied. This Chocolate Crepe Cake Roll recipe can be enjoyed for breakfast or for dessert, which means that you can start or end your day with chocolate! This mouthwatering recipe is guaranteed to impress all your family and friends. It's the perfect treat to bring to Sunday brunch, of the ideal dessert to serve at your next dinner party. This crepe recipe is also made with mascarpone filling, which just adds another layer of tastiness to this already delectable recipe.
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the Swiss Diamond XD 2-Piece Non-Stick Frying Pan Set to use with this recipe! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Plus, don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 12 Days of Christmas in July!
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time1 hr 30 min
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- (16-ounce) Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 cup melted butter
Pair this sweet recipe with a more savory breakfast dish like an Easy Hashbrown Casserole
Chocolate Crepe Cake Roll Recipe
For the Mascarpone Filling:
Beat the mascarpone, whipping cream, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
Add the powdered sugar a 1/2 cup at a time until it begins to thicken yet is still spreadable. It will be slightly heavier than a buttercream.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Crepes:
Combine the eggs with the next five ingredients (2 tablespoons melted butter through cold milk) in a blender and process until smooth.
Heat a 9.5 inch Swiss Diamond XD Nonstick Fry Pan on medium heat. Brush with the remaining melted butter.
Pour 1/3 cup of the crepe batter into the pan and slowly rotate the pan in a counter-clockwise motion allowing the batter to slowly fill the pan. Fill any gaps with additional drops of batter.
Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges. Carefully flip the crepe over and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly browned on the other side.
Remove from the pan and keep moist with a damp paper towel on top.
Repeat with the remaining batter and butter until all the crepes have been made.
Spread enough filling to just cover one crepe. Top with another crepe and cover with just enough filling to cover.
Place the edge of the next crepe in the center of the first two stacked crepes and spread with enough filling just to cover. Place another crepe on top and cover enough filling to cover the crepe.
Continue placing and topping crepes with filling until you run out of room on your work surface.
Carefully begin rolling the stack of crepes, making sure to press them together as much as you can.
You can then shift the crepe cake roll down and continue topping and stacking crepes until you're either tired or have used as many crepes as you want.
Place two pieces of plastic wrap on your work surface, overlapping. Carefully roll the crepe cake roll in the plastic wrap and twist the ends to tighten the cake roll. Refrigerate until you’re ready to slice and serve.
Slice the rough edges off of each end with a serrated knife. Slice the chocolate crepe cake roll into 6 to 8 slices. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with powdered sugar, or drizzle with sauce (chocolate, raspberry, strawberry, coffee, etc.) and serve.
If you just want to make the crepes, cut the batter in half.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of August 1st, 2019.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until July 31st, 2019 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What is your favorite crepe topping?
Answer below to receive an extra entry to the contest!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Gingerbread Spiced Walnuts
- Halloween Snack Mix
- Layered Pumpkin Squares
- Pumpkin Pie Shortbread Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
- Marinated Herb T Bone Steaks
- Southwestern Potato Salad
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Sous Vide Sirloin Steak
- Easy Charlie Brown Halloween Treats
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes