5-Minute Watergate Salad
There's a whole lot to love about this no-bake dessert salad recipe. When you need a last-minute treat, whip together this 5-Minute Watergate Salad! With just 5 ingredients and 5 minute preparation time, this may be one of the easiest dessert recipes around. Pistachio pudding mix is blended with Cool Whip, pineapple, coconut and mini marshmallows to create a flavorful, creamy salad that's perfect for potlucks or picnics. This Cool Whip recipe is a true crowd-pleaser.
Preparation Time5 min
Chilling Time1 hr
Cooking MethodNo Bake
- 1 (4-ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Maraschino cherries and additional marshmallows for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the drained pineapple and the pudding mix. Stir to coat. Add Cool Whip and stir to coat. Add coconut and marshmallows; stir to combine.
- If you like, decorate top with cherries and marshmallows. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Read NextEasy Fried Apple Pies
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Nov 29, 2018
I agree with msdeb21 that this dessert sure is addicting. We used to have a little lady at church who would make it every time we carried in dinner. Don't you just love those dinners where everyone puts love in the dish and you can try them all? She made the best watergate salad.
Oct 28, 2018
This 5-Minute Watergate Salad is so quick and easy to make. It is light and creamy and full of tropical flavors. I know it is perfect for Summer bar-b-ques and potlucks, but something about the red cherries and green pudding makes me think of Christmas. I might try this with some crushed candy canes on top for the holidays. What do you think?
Dec 08, 2017
I've heard the name Watergate salad for many years thinking it would be some fancy elegant celebrity type salad...and now I find out it's a creamy dreamy dessert? I've been missing out on this deliciousness for way too long. I love the combination of pistachio pudding and whipped cream so there's no doubt this will be amazing and with the pineapple and coconut added I'll definitely be adding some maraschinos cherries to make it complete!
Dec 05, 2016
This stuff is addicting! I make it to take to a gathering, and end up eating quite a bit of it myself. I love the way the photo looks like a Christmas wreath. I wouldn't have thought to display the cherries that way. Sometimes I add some chopped pecans to this recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use