Bachelor's Chicken Salad
Ramen noodles aren't just for the college days. With this simple recipe for Bachelor's Chicken Salad you can make a delicious, budget-friendly meal using that frugal staple, Ramen noodles. If you like a little bit of crunch in your chicken salad recipes, try this unique take on classic chicken salad. This easy chicken salad recipe also features another budget ingredient... cabbage. If you're looking for dishes to add to your collection of cheap recipes, this one is a definite winner.
- 1 package ramen noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- dash sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Ramen noodles seasoning package
Chop cabbage finely, then add finely chopped onions and cubed cooked chicken.
Add chopped almonds.
Crush Ramen noodles and add to mixture.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over salad. Mix well. Serve chilled.