3 Step Cole Slaw
Looking for a simple coleslaw recipe? This 3-Step Cole Slaw recipe may be the perfect one for you. Just three easy steps and you'll have a delicious tasting coleslaw your friends and family will love. Use this slaw as a condiment atop a sandwich or serve it as a side for your meaty main dish. No matter how you choose to serve this simple cabbage slaw, it's sure to be a hit, especially at summer picnics and potlucks. With both red and green cabbage in the mix, this is also one of the prettiest recipes for coleslaw we've seen, so prepare to be impressed!
- If too vinegary for your tastes, add some water.
- If too bland - add more vinegar.
- If you prefer a sweeter taste, add about 1 tablespoon sugar or your favorite sweetener.
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cored, quartered, and sliced thinly into long strips
- 1/4 head red cabbage, optional, as above
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 medium or small green pepper, sliced thinly
- Mix oil and vinegar in 1 to 1 proportions (about 1/4 cup of each).
- Add salt, pepper, and dry mustard (1/2 to 1 teaspoon) to the oil/vinegar.
- Stir (or shake) vigorously and pour over salad and toss well