Cheese souffle recipes show you how to make light airy dishes that friends and family will adore. The cheese adds a creamy texture to this popular recipe.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In saucepan, melt butter, blend in flour, gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Cook and stir until thickened, add cheese, the Worcestershire sauce. When cheese is melted, remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl beat the egg yolks, gradually stir in cheese sauce.
- In separate bowl beat egg white until they stand in soft peaks. Gently fold into cheese mixture.
- Turn into a 2-quart, straight sided casserole or souffle dish. Place in a pan in 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour at 325 degrees F. Cooking time depends on the oven. Take a look at it at 45 minutes.