Slow Cooker Melt-In-Your-Mouth Short Ribs
The name says it all...short ribs become exceedingly tender when slow-cooked in a flavorful combination of French onion soup, ale, garlic, brown sugar and seasonings. After trying slow cooker recipes like this from Campbell's Kitchen, you won't even think of using your oven.
Cost per recipe: $11.83.
Time-Saving: Recipe may be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Serving Suggestion: This recipe is delicious served over hot mashed potatoes or noodles.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time8 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 6 serving-sized pieces beef short ribs (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 bottle (12 fluid ounces) dark ale or beer
Place the beef into a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the brown sugar, garlic, thyme and flour and toss to coat. Pour the soup and ale over the beef mixture.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.