Savory Slow Cooker Chili
I'm always looking for simple chili recipes, especially during wintertime. This Savory Slow Cooker Chili is one of the best I've made it a while; super easy and loaded with flavor. I'll be making slow cooker recipe again in no time.
Tip: Please remember that liquids in slow cooker almost don’t evaporate, so the amount of liquids you put in slow cooker you will pretty much get at the end. So if you like watery chili just add a little bit more water.
For garnish (optional): cheddar cheese, cilantro leaves and pickled jalapeno pepper.
See first hand how simple this chili recipe can be to make:
Preparation Time7 min
Cooking Time9 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1 can (28-ounce) crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cilantro stalks and leaves
- 1 bell pepper any color you like
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 cup sprouted trio beans or 1 (19-ounce) can any beans you like
- 1 cup of water (only if you use dry beans)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 Russian garlic clove or 2-3 small garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red paprika
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (you can add more or less, it depends on your liking)
- Crush the onion, celery, garlic, pepper and the tomatoes from can in a blender. Add cilantro stalks and crush as well.
- Place the meat in the slow cooker pot. Add crushed sauce, pasta sauce and spices to pot.
- Add corn and beans (if you use canned beans, drain them prior to adding). Mix everything very well.
- If you use dry beans add water and if you use canned beans don't add the water.
- Place the pot in slow cooker.You have 2 preparation options: If you want your chili fast plug it for 3-4 hours on high setting. If you have time plug it for 7-9 hours on low setting.
- Mix chili every hour very well.
- When it’s done, serve with extra old cheddar cheese and cilantro leaves on top.