Baked Stuffed Apples
One of our favorite slow cooker dessert recipes, Baked Stuffed Apples is good for your sweet tooth and your diet! With apples, raisins, and metabolism-boosting cinnamon, this is a dessert you can always indulge in.
Cooking Time5 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 6 tart red apples
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- Wash, core, and stem the apples, but don't peel them.
- Stand the apples in a buttered mold and stuff them with 2/3 cup of the brown sugar, the raisins, and the orange rind.
- Fill the tops of the core cavities with butter, and sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops.
- Place the mold in the slow cooker and pour 2 cups of hot water into the cooker.
- Sprinkle the orange juice concentrate over the apples, cover the cooker, and cook on Low for 3 to 5 hours or until the apples are tender.