Pot Roast with Sour Cream Gravy
Pot Roast with Sour Cream Gravy. That even sounds like a great comforting meal. This slow cooker pot roast is seasoned with dill and marinated in a bath of vegetables. When the meat is done, you can create a delicious gravy to serve with the meat.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 3 pounds chuck or pot roast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 5 potatoes
- 5 carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- Coat roast with flour, salt and pepper. Brown in oil in skillet. Put roast in slow cooker and add water and vinegar.
- Sprinkle dill weed over meat, then add potatoes, carrots, salt, and onion. Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- To make gravy, take 3 tablespoons of drippings and mix with flour. Measure rest of drippings and add water to make 1 cup. Add to flour mixture to rest of drippings and heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add sour cream and dill seed. Heat to boiling.
Read Next5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Pork Chops