Go To Beef Casserole
If you need quick dinner casseroles, try this Go To Beef Casserole. This beef dish cooks up in your slow cooker and is so easy to make. Let it cook away during the day so you have a delicious meal ready for you when you get home.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 1/2 pound stewing steak
- 1 ounce all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large onions
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 pint beef stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the steak into 1-inch cubes and toss in the flour. Brown on all sides in the oil, then remove from the pan. Put meat in slow cooker.
- Cut the onions into thin slices and cook in the oil until soft and golden. Put in slow cooker.
- Slice the carrots thinly and put into the slow cooker.
- Add any remaining flour to the fat in the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Work in the stock and stir over low heat until the liquid comes to the boil. Pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes, then on low for 6 to 7 hours. Season with salt and pepper.
Read NextBest-Ever Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken