You can't rush good cooking, and this fried chicken recipe is no exception. With a bit of prep work and a bit of time in your slow cooker, this chicken will be juicy and tender and ready for dinner. Yum!
Don't miss even more great slow cooker recipes. Check out 33 of our favorites here:
Cooking Time4 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 2-1/2 to 3 pound fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon leaf sage or oregano
- butter or vegetable oil
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.
- Combine flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage or oregano.
- Toss chicken pieces with flour mixture to coat.
- In skillet, heat butter or oil to 1/4-inch depth and cook chicken over medium-high heat until brown.
- Place browned chicken in slow cooker, adding wings first; do not add any liquid.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4 to 8 hours.
Read NextMississippi Chicken