Beef Burgundy is a great slow cooker pot roast recipe for date night! Spend some time with your sweetie as you (and your dinner!) partake of some delicious red wine.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 4 pounds beef roast, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup buttter or margarine
- 6 carrots, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cans (about 13.5 ounces) beef broth
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 can (about 6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fines herbes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quarterd
- 18 small white onions, peeled
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Brown beef cubes on all sides in 1/4 cup hot butter or margarine in large skillet, or slow cooker if it has a browning unit. Pour beef and drippings into slow cooker.
- Add carrots, chopped onions, beef broth, wine, tomato paste, fines herbes, salt and pepper, mushrooms, and white onions. Cover pot and set at low. Cook for 10 hours, or until beef is cooked through.
- Remove lid and skim excess fat from surface. Turn heat setting to high. Cover and let bubble.
- In a bowl, mix flour and butter until creamy. Add to stew and sir until it is well blended and the stew thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Read NextSlow Cooker Cuban Pork