The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
How to Bake the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone knows how to make delicious chocolate chip cookies from refrigerated dough, but many people don't realize it's just as simple to make them from scratch. Learn how to make the perfect chocolate chip cookies at home. Plus baking cookies can be a fun thing to get the kids involved in or a fun afternoon for you and your friends. Impress your family with the perfect chocolate chip cookie they'll be talking about for weeks.
Table of Contents
There are few things better than a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie just out of the oven. And while the pre-packaged cookie dough does the job, there is no beating the flavor of a homemade cookie. If you're a cookie baking novice, there are a few main ingredients you will need to get started. The ingredients you will find in just about every chocolate chip cookie recipe include butter, sugar (white and brown), eggs, vanilla, flour, salt and chocolate chips. (A note on butter; even if you are comfortable cooking with margarine or butter substitutes, it is recommended that you always use real butter when you bake. There truly is no substitute). Plus the butter and brown sugar is the real key to getting that perfect chewyness we all love about cookies.
The creaming method is one of the most basic methods of preparation for baking cookies and cakes. You will see this method used over and over again in recipes, which is why, after getting this down, you will never need to read or re-read recipe instructions again. The basic creaming method is as follows:
- Cream fat and sugar together. This should be done on an electric mixer using a paddle attachment.
- Gradually add eggs and flavoring (vanilla in this case)
- Add dry ingredients gradually
- Mix until smooth
- Stir in chocolate chips
This is a no-fail method that will produce excellent cookie dough every time.
There are of course thousands of variations on the basic chocolate chip cookie. Every recipe varies just a little, whether it means adding a little more or less of a specific ingredient, or adding extras like nuts or dried fruit. It's also important to remember to take note of the temperature at which you are baking your cookies. If the oven temperature is too low, the cookies will spread too much and become flat. If the oven temperature is too high, on the other hand, the cookies will burn quickly.
A Semi Sweet Triple Chocolate Cookie - These amazing triple chocolate chip cookies are so delicious. With semi-sweet chocolate chips, Hershey Kisses and cocoa, you can make a great batch of cookies. This recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookies - Got giant appetites to please? Try Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Big Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - If you're looking for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, look no further. This Big Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is packed full of sweetness, giving scrumptious a new definition. Enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserole is one of those easy weeknight meals you can make in a hurry when you have hungry mouths to… Continue reading: "Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserolevideocam"
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- How to Use Up Eggs: 50+ Recipes and Smart Ideas
- Do You Peel Zucchini?
- How Much Juice is in a Lemon? Get Easy Conversions for Your Recipe!
- How to Reheat Meatloaf
- Is White Vinegar the Same as White Wine Vinegar?
- Printable Meal Planner Template
- Ground Chuck vs. Ground Beef
- Can You Freeze Shredded Cabbage for Coleslaw?
- How to Reheat a Burrito
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Shaved Fennel Salad With Apples
- Soup Maker Cauliflower Soup
- Watermelon Granita
- The Back Seater Cocktail
- Instant Pot Thai Red Chicken Curry
- Black Bean And Salsa Soup
- Twix Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Mini Quiche Lorraine Recipe
- Copycat Johnny Rockets Original Single Burger
- Ham And Egg Casserole Recipe
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes