Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting are both festive and delicious. This pumpkin cookies recipe tastes just like home. Piled high with smooth, creamy frosting, this will quickly become your favorite of all holiday cookie recipes.
Makes about 5 dozen frosted cookies.
- PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES RECIPE:
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar; packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup pecans; chopped, toasted (optional)
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPE:
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES RECIPE:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, pumpkin, and vanilla. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking mix, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add while beating on low speed to combine.
- Stir in pecans (optional).
- Place tablespoonfuls of dough about 2 inches apart on greased or parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 min. or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 min. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost tops of cookies with vanilla frosting. Garnish with toasted pecans if desired.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPE:
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until smooth.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
Read NextChocolate Haystacks