Hop, Skip, and Go Naked Cookies
You might just hop, skip, and go naked when you try the chocolate, toffee and oatmeal collision in these incredible chewy chocolate chip cookies. We dare you to try these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with a hearty splash of rum!
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time9 min
- 1 cup shortening (like Crisco)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup small, hard toffee pieces
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Cream together shortening and sugars in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
Add eggs, rum and milk and combine thoroughly.
In a separate, medium-sized bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture as you mix, combining thoroughly until the consistency is smooth.
Gradually mix in oats until evenly distributed.
Add chocolate chips and tofee pieces and mix until evenly distributed.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
Bake for 8-9 minutes, turning the cookie sheets around half way through.
- Remove cookies from over. Allow them to cool on the cookie sheets for five minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.