Amish Sugar Cookies
Keep it simple with this sugar cookie recipe. Amish Sugar Cookies are popular treats that can be Christmas cookies, Easter cookies, or everyday cookies. Sugar cookies are timeless desserts, so you want to make sure you have a good recipe you can turn to at any time. This simple Amish cookie recipe can be just that.
Be sure to check out our whole collection of 12 easy Easter recipes!
Did you enjoy this recipe? It was featured in a collection of more great Amish recipes. Check out, How To Make Amish Friendship Bread: Plus 10 Other Easy Amish Recipes!
Cooking Time12 min
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus extra for stamping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with kitchen parchment paper or grease lightly.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, soda, and cream of tartar.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, oil and sugars until completely blended and mixture is creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Stir in dry ingredients until well blended.
- Drop dough, using a cookie scoop or level measuring tablespoonfuls, on prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball to 3/8-inch thickness using a cookie stamp or the bottom of a pretty glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Do not overbake. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.