Almond Spritz Cookies with Raspberry Chocolate Filling
Christmas spritz cookies recipes like this one might seem complicated, but Almond Spritz Cookies with Raspberry Chocolate Filling are as simple as can be. These little handmade morsels make impressive Christmas cookie gifts recipes.
Yields about 2 1/2 dozen sandwich cookies.
- 1/2 cup blanched whole almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In food processor with knife blade attached, blend almonds with sugar, pulsing processor on and off until almonds are finely ground. (Or, in blender, grind almonds with sugar in batches.)
- In a large mizxing bowl on low speed, beat almond mixture, flour, butter, almond extract, salt, and egg just until blended, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula.
- Spoon dough into large decorating bag with large star tube (about 3/4" diameter).
- Pipe dough into teardrop shapes (about 2" by 1 1/2"), 1" apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 12-14 minutes until lightly browned around edges.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove to racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, finely chop chocolate and place in small bowl with 3 T. jam.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate mixture; let stand 1 min. Stir chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Refrigerate until chocolate mixture is firm enough to spread, about 15-18 minutes. If mixture becomes too firm, let stand at room temperature until slightly softened.
- When cookies are cool, spread about 1 rounded teaspoon Raspberry Chocolate Filling onto flat side of half of cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies, flat-side down, to make filled cookies. In saucepan over low heat, heat cream to boiling.
Read NextChocolate Sugar Cookies