Tropical Chocolate Chip Cookies
Stuck in your office and yearning for the beach this winter? These tropical cookies make a delicious substitute for sandy beaches and blue skies!
Think this chocolate chip cookie recipe was irresistible? Then you must check out these other 17 Fabulous Ideas for Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cream margarine with sugars. When mixture is light and fluffy, add egg and mashed banana.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and add to creamed mixture.
- Add oatmeal.
- Add chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut.
- These can be made as either drop cookies on a cookie sheet or bars in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 12-15 minutes for cookies or 25 minutes for bars. These cooking times are approximate. Bake until light brown.
- Cool cookies on cake rack. For bars, cut into bars when pan has cooled.
Read NextCrispy Flourless Flax Cookies