Glazed Sweet Potato Casserole
When it comes to what to serve for Christmas dinner, sweet potatoes are a must. Even better is this Glazed Sweet Potato Casserole. Easy and too good for words, it brings all the best into one amazing casserole. Pineapple juice, an orange rind, and chopped pecans turn a simple Thanksgiving side dish into a grand casserole. Add it to your holiday menus.
Did you enjoy this amazing holiday recipe? Then check out more Christmas dinner ideas with this latest free eCookbook 6 Wonderful Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas.
Cooking Time30 min
- 3 (16-ounce) cans cut sweet potatoes in light syrup, drained
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish, set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, grated orange rind, butter and pineapple juice in saucepan.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture boils. Boil 1 minute. Pour over sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with pecans, cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.