Glazed Sweet Potato Casserole
When it comes to what to serve for Christmas dinner, sweet potatoes are a must. Even better is this Glazed Sweet Potato Casserole. Easy and too good for words, it brings all the best into one amazing casserole. Pineapple juice, an orange rind, and chopped pecans turn a simple Thanksgiving side dish into a grand casserole. Add it to your holiday menus.
Did you enjoy this amazing holiday recipe? Then check out more Christmas dinner ideas with this latest free eCookbook 6 Wonderful Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas.
Cooking Time30 min
- 3 (16-ounce) cans cut sweet potatoes in light syrup, drained
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish, set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, grated orange rind, butter and pineapple juice in saucepan.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture boils. Boil 1 minute. Pour over sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with pecans, cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Sep 21, 2011
@litajj12 2312816, We understand that nutritional information is very important to many of our readers, which is why we are slowly but surely working on including this information on our featured recipes. As we have thousands of recipes on our site, your patience is appreciated during this time, as it is an ongoing process. Also, our records do not indicate that you are currently subscribed to any of our newsletters. --Editor of RecipeLion
Sep 20, 2011
Please remove my name and information from your email list. I do not waste my time on recipes that do not contain nutritional data specifically calories and sodium content. Thank you!
Aug 01, 2012
to litajj12 2312816 Dont like recipes without nutritional data? then dont look
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use