Best Vegetarian Chili
If you're looking for some awesome vegetarian chili recipes, you won't be disappointed with this one. There's no better way to greet cooler weather than with a big bowl of comfort food. This Vegetarian Chili will warm bellies and it's quick to make.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sized zucchini, diced
- 1 medium sized yellow squash, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (28-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (16-ounce) canned corn
- 1 can (4-ounce) chopped mild green chilis
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cans (15.5-ounce) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In 5 quart Dutch oven over medium heat, cook carrots, garlic, and onion in olive oil, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften and brown.
- Add zucchini and yellow squash; cook, stirring, until all veggies are tender crisp. Stir in chili and salt; cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid, corn with its liquid, chopped green chilis with their liquid, tomato paste and 2 cups of water. Over high heat, heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare macaroni as label directs and drain. Stir macaroni and beans into chili. Heat through.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
Read NextJohnny Cash Chili