Easy White Chicken Chili
Chili recipes are perfect any time of year. Zesty and packed full of fresh ingredients, this white chili is hearty and perfect for a hungry family. Make it tonight for a flavorful meal.
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time35 min
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 can (4-ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ears corn, kernels cut (or 3 cups of frozen corn)
- 1 can (10.5-ounces) cream mushroom soup
- 1 can (14-ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned (shred or chop the meat)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- sour cream - for garnish
Heat olive oil in a pot over medium high heat. Add the onions and pinch of salt. Cook 5 minutes until onions begin to soften
Stir in the can of chiles and the garlic. Cook 1-2 more minutes until heated through.
Add the mushrooms and corn. Stir well and cook 3 minutes or so until mushrooms are softened a bit and shiny.
Add both cans of soup, water, chicken and all seasonings except green onion. Stir very well.
Bring the chili up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
Cook for 25 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the green onions right before serving. Garnish each bowl with sour cream.
Read NextCowboy Chili