Too Simple Fried Chicken
Do something different with your chicken tonight that is quick and easy. Chicken recipes do not need to be difficult, with Too Simple Fried Chicken you will get a tasty treat that the family will eat up. There's nothing like fried chicken.
- 1 broiler fryer - cut up
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 pkg instant Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground garlic powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Cover chicken with mixture of milk, water and salt. Chill in bowl for least 1 hour. The Milk will make the chicken tender, and the salt will draw out the remaining blood and wild taste from the chicken. Drain and Dry the Chicken,
- Combine the herbs, onion powder, Italian Dressing Mix, and pepper in a blender and mix well. Add the flour and the chicken broth, to the spice mixture you just created in the blender, Mix to create a smooth batter.
- Melt enough Peanut Oil, (most recommended) Vegetable shortening or salad oil to make 1 inch depth in a large skillet. if you mix 1/2 peanut oil and 1/2 vegetable oil the mixture will handle the heat better and your chicken will be crispier in the end.
- Heat the oil in your deep fryer, or a deep skillet to 375 degrees F. Fry chicken pieces, 2 only at a time, turning once, every 5 minutes, be sure to cook chicken until done. The Chicken will be best and crispiest if fried in a covered deep fryer, or in a basket containing only 2 pieces at most so that it doesn't get to cool while it is frying, and become greasy. Consistent heat is essential to crispy frying.
- Lift chicken out and drain on paper towels. You can keep the chicken warm by placing it in the oven on a cookie sheet, on 200 degrees f. and serve when all pieces are finished cooking.