Slow Roasted Sticky Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
Sometimes the best recipes for dinner aren't the fanciest or the ones with the most ingredients, they're the ones cooked with love. This recipe for Slow Roasted Sticky Chicken with Roasted Vegetables is a perfect example. A back-to-basics easy chicken recipe that will have your whole family raving and clamoring for seconds, this roasted sticky chicken dish is incredibly moist and flavorful and features starch and vegetables cooking right along with it so you have a whole meal cooking up right in your oven. A simple supper that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser, that's what this dish is!
Cooking Time3 hr
- 1 4-pound whole chicken
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 handfuls of fresh green beans
- olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- For the Spice Rub:
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Enter for a chance to win the Anolon Advanced Oval Roaster Set Giveaway during the 10 Days of Thanks! This giveaway runs until November 18th and you can receive an extra entry by commenting below on this page. Be sure to also check out the grand prize giveaway featuring all the daily prizes in the 10 Days of Thanks!
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Remove giblets from chicken; clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
Combine all rub ingredients and spread the spice mixture all over the chicken and under the breast skin.
Stuff cavity with onions and place chicken into a roasting pan. Bake chicken for one hour, undisturbed.
Add potatoes to the roasting pan, scattering them around the chicken. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake another 40 minutes.
Add chicken broth and baste chicken and potatoes. Bake another 30 minutes.
Prepare the green beans by snipping the ends and placing in a microwave bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
Drain green beans and add to the roasting pan with the potatoes. Baste chicken and vegetables. Bake another 30 minutes.
Turn oven up to 375 degrees F and bake an additional 20 minutes to brown the edges of the potatoes and beans. Remove from oven and tent with foil. Let rest for 5-7 minutes before carving.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of November 19th, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until November 18th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What is your favorite holiday roast to make?
Answer below in the comments.
Read NextDump and Bake Chicken Pot Pie