Miami Chicken Salad Sandwiches
You'll never find a chicken salad sandwich this good in a deli...the chicken is flavored with crunchy almonds, jicama, and tarragon, and served on whole grain bread with sliced mango. Now that's a great chicken salad recipe!
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a chilled salad of cooked white rice with black beans, cilantro and chopped red onion in a light vinaigrette. For dessert serve coconut all-fruit popsicles.
Preparation Time15 min
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- 1 can (4.5-ounces) Swanson Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped jicama or celery
- 4 slices Pepperidge Farm Whole Grain Soft Honey Oat Bread, toasted
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 green leaf lettuce leaves
Stir the mayonnaise, sour cream and tarragon in a medium bowl. Stir in the chicken, almonds and jicama.
Divide the chicken mixture evenly between 2 bread slices. Top with the mango, lettuce and remaining bread slices.
Read NextDump and Bake Chicken Pot Pie