French Countryside Chicken Dinner
If you think this French Countryside Chicken Dinner looks like it was prepared by a fancy French restaurant, you'd be right. And it tastes like it too! Don't let the beautiful presentation fool you, though. This yummy skillet dish can be prepared in just 40 short minutes. Enjoy an easy to make supper that tastes amazing by following this beyond simple chicken breast recipe.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 cup regular long-grain white rice, prepared according to package directions (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides.
Stir the soup, milk, honey, mustard, wine, parsley, brown sugar, onion powder, tarragon and garlic powder in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve the chicken and sauce with the rice. Sprinkle with the pecans.