Easy Spanish Rice and Chicken
This Easy Spanish Rice and Chicken recipe will make dinner more exciting than your typical baked chicken. The rice is what really takes center stage in this dish, while the chicken plays a delicious supporting role. If you've been searching for a new way to cook chicken, it's time you tried this recipe. Long-grain white rice is perfectly seasoned with tomatoes, paprika, garlic powder, peas, corn, and onions, among other ingredients, bringing a Spanish-inspired flavor to this otherwise ordinary chicken and rice dinner.
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium -sized onion, chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
For another zesty dish you'll love, try this "Loaded" Mexican Lasagna
In a large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, celery, and bay leaf, and cook 15 minutes, turning chicken occasionally to brown evenly.
Add water, tomato sauce, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder; bring to a boil. Add rice, and stir until completely coated in sauce. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until rice is tender.
Add peas, cover, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until peas are heated through.