Crazy Easy Chicken Piccata
If you're looking for a simple recipe for lemon chicken, give this Crazy Easy Chicken Piccata a try! This mouth-watering meal is so flavorful and delicious, it's restaurant-worthy. Serve alone or over pasta!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture; shake off excess.
- In a large frying pan, heat butter and vegetable oil over medium heat. Add chicken breasts. Cook about 3 minutes per side, until tender and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine to pan juices. Cook 1 minute, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Add lemon juice and heat to boiling.
- Return chicken to pan, cover with lemon slices, and cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Serve garnished with capers and parsley.