I Can't Believe It's Not Chocolate Cake
Easy cake recipes just got even simpler and interesting! The I Can't Believe It's Not Chocolate Cake will have you saying just that, you won't believe it. The inclusion of the tasty fruit persimmons give this cake it's amazing flavor. These unusual fruits are in season during the early fall and winter months. This persimmon cake recipe will give you a moist, delicious cake that the whole family will enjoy.
For persimmon pulp, you just remove the seeds from the persimmons, and pack the rest of the fruit (skins included) into measuring cup until you have a yield of 1 cup.
Cooking Time40 min
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup persimmon pulp
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- tir in persimmons. Stir in pecans and butterscotch chips. Spray 9 x 9 pan with cooking spray and pour in batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.