Cha Cha Cha Chicken
Change up your traditional dinner routine by making some new and exciting easy chicken recipes, like this one for Cha Cha Cha Chicken. Made with pineapple, ginger and a zing of picante sauce, this baked chicken dish will brighten the mood of everyone at the table. Take a trip to the tropics, without ever leaving your kitchen, by fixing this tropical inspired delicious chicken dinner. Just 15 minutes of prep time and 45 minutes in the oven is all it takes!
For more easy chicken dinners from Campbell's, check out our recipe collection here.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time45 min
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 large onions, cut into rings
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices in juice, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Pace® Picante Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked regular long-grain white rice or jasmine rice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 3-quart shallow baking pan with aluminum foil. Layer the chicken, onions and pineapple in the pan.
Stir the picante sauce, cilantro, brown sugar, ginger root, sherry and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Pour the picante sauce mixture over the pineapple. Cover the pan.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken and sauce with the rice. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.
Read NextFrench Fried Onion Chicken