Bacon And Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
This bacon and cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe is a hearty stuffed chicken breasts recipe, packed with tasty bacon and melted cheese. It's a perfect dish for a cold night, or can even be a playful breakfast dish.
Cooking Time30 min
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to1 1/4 lbs)
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- With a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the thickest side of each chicken breast.
- Stuff each half with 1/4 of the bacon and a piece of cheese.
- Seal with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 4 minutes per side, until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from skillet and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch into chicken broth with a fork until dissolved.
- Add to skillet and bring to a boil, scrapping up browned bits on bottom of skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes, until sauce is thickened.
- Add chopped parsley.
- To serve, spoon over chicken.
For more stuffed chicken breast recipes, check out 10 Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes And Cooking Tips Part 1 and 10 Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes And Cooking Tips Part 2.