Bacon And Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
This bacon and cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe is a hearty stuffed chicken breasts recipe, packed with tasty bacon and melted cheese. It's a perfect dish for a cold night, or can even be a playful breakfast dish.
Cooking Time30 min
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to1 1/4 lbs)
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- With a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the thickest side of each chicken breast.
- Stuff each half with 1/4 of the bacon and a piece of cheese.
- Seal with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 4 minutes per side, until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from skillet and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch into chicken broth with a fork until dissolved.
- Add to skillet and bring to a boil, scrapping up browned bits on bottom of skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes, until sauce is thickened.
- Add chopped parsley.
- To serve, spoon over chicken.
For more stuffed chicken breast recipes, check out 10 Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes And Cooking Tips Part 1 and 10 Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes And Cooking Tips Part 2.
Read NextOlive Garden Copycat Tuscan Chicken
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use