Samoa White Chocolate Cheesecake
This easy desserts recipe shows off the versatility of Girl Scout cookies. The cookies add a distinct sweetness to this unbelievable recipe for cheesecake.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cookie crumbs
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- 5 pounds eggs, lightly beaten
- 7 1/2 ounces package Samoa Girl Scout cookies, chopped
- 6 ounces white chocolate, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust: grease a three inch deep 8 inch round cheesecake pan or a two quart souffle dish liberally with the butter. Combine the coconut and cookie crumbs and then dust the mixture thoroughly over the butter. Set aside.
- For the filling, with an electric mixer at low speed; beat the cream cheese with the sugar until mixture is very smooth. Add the vanilla, optional rum and then the eggs, and beat until completely smooth, scraping the bowl as necessary. Stir in the chopped Samoa cookies and grated white chocolate and turn the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Make a water bath by placing the prepared pan in a larger baking pan and then placing both pans in the oven. Add boiling water to the larger pan to a depth of one to one and a half inches and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours OR until the top is browned and slightly cracked, and a cake tester inserted into th center comes out with just a bit of batter clinging to it.
- Turn off the oven and crack the door open. Allow the cheesecake to cool in this way for an hour. Then remove from the oven and cool for another hour on a wire rack, until the pan is still warm, but cool enough to handle.
- To unmold, loosen the sides by holding the pan on its side allowing gravity to cause the upper edge of the cake to release from the rim of the pan. Rotate the pan slowly, allowing the cake to loosen from the pan all of the way around. Cover the top of the cake with a sheet of wax paper. Then cover with a wide plate and invert. Remove th pan and refrigerate the cake for at least four yours until the bottom is firm.
- To Serve: cover with a serving plate and invert back to right side up. Remove the plate and the wax paper form the top of the cake, cover and refrigerate for up to one week. Slice with a long sharp knife dipped into hot water before making each cut.
Read NextLemon-Honey Cheesecake