Poor Man Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Trying to feed a family on a budget? Then Poor Man Chicken Broccoli Casserole is the hearty meal for your family. Baked with chicken, broccoli and cheese this easy chicken casserole recipe has everything a dinner needs, all in one dish. Plus, it's so easy to put together - just cook the chicken, layer the ingredients, bake, and voila! You have a fantastic meal ready for your hungry family.
Cooking Time1 hr 30 min
- 2 pounds broccoli (or one large package), thawed and drained
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and boned
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package of stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Bake chicken for 20-30 minutes, turning over halfway through. If desired, coat chicken in olive oil and season with salt and pepper before baking.
2. Place the broccoli in a well greased baking dish. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and spread over the broccoli.
3. In a bowl, mix together soup and mayonnaise. If you think the mixture seems too thick, add a little milk. Pour over the chicken.
4. Top with thin slices of the Velveeta. Sprinkle the stuffing mix over the cheese and drizzle the melted butter over the stuffing. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.