Inside Out Pizza Casserole
The kids are going to love this Inside Out Pizza Casserole! With fan favorite pizza toppings like sausage, pepperoni, sauce and cheese, you can't go wrong with easy dinner recipes like this one from Campbell's Kitchen. We love how fun and playful this dish looks, not to mention how yummy it tastes!
For more great recipes like this one, check out this collection from Campbell's Kitchen!
Serves6 (1 slice each)
Preparation Time20 min
Chilling Time30 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cup Prego® Pizzeria Style Pizza Sauce
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 of a 15-ounce package refrigerated pie crust (1 crust), at room temperature
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until it's well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until they're tender. Stir the pizza sauce and pepperoni in the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Remove the skillet from the heat and let cool slightly. Stir in the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart casserole.
Place the crust over the sausage mixture and crimp or flute the edges. Cut several slits in the crust.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes before serving. Cut the casserole into 6 slices.
Read NextQuick And Easy Spinach Lasagna
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use