Country Cottage Potato Bake
A charming and delicious potato casserole recipe that's perfect to serve up for a family dinner or a festive holiday party, this Country Cottage Potato Bake is a dish that has stood the test of time. The mashed potatoes don't need to be dolled up because they're mixed with creamy cottage cheese, chives and Cheddar cheese. There's no denying the flavors in this cheesy potato bake are simply amazing. This comfort casserole is a unique potato side dish that would be a welcomed addition to your Thanksgiving table.
Create the perfect Thanksgiving meal with our free eCookbook, 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Menu From RecipeLion.
Cooking Time20 min
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (don't add any milk or butter to the potatoes)
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine potatoes, cottage cheese, butter, chives, and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Spoon into one-quart casserole dish. Heat uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- Five minutes before end of baking, sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
Read NextNo Peeking Allowed Beef Casserole