Bacon Cheeseburger Upside Down Pizza
Do your kids love cheeseburgers? How about bacon? Pizza? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then your family has got to try this yummy casserole. It's the perfect, kid-friendly meal. Just serve a tossed salad on the side and you're good to go!
This recipe only costs $1.43 per serving! Want to find other recipes for under $1.50 per serving? Click here.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, quartered, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into bite-sized strips
- 8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1 14.5-ounce can chunky pizza sauce
- 3 Italian plum tomatoes
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In large saucepan, brown ground beef with onion and bell pepper; drain.
- Stir in 6 slices of the bacon and pizza sauce.
- Spoon into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with tomatoes; top with cheese slices.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- Add milk and oil; mix well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- Add flour and salt to milk mixture; beat 2 minutes at medium speed, then pour mixture evenly over cheese slices.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 slices crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 400F degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until topping is slightly puffed and deep golden brown.