- 3 thin slices (almost shaved) boiled ham
- 3 thin slices turkey (optional)
- 3 thin slices roast pork hot or cold
- 3 thin slices salami
- 3 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 3 or 4 slices pickles
- 1/3 cut Cuban bread hard crust
- 3 thin slices tomato, optional
- 4 thin slices green bell pepper, optional
- 3 thin slices onion, optional
- 1/3 cut French or Cuban bread
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce
It is important that the sandwich be prepared on Cuban bread (hard crust). You can substitute an 8" sub, grinder or hoagie bread. (Slice the bread open face and spread mustard first then mayonnaise remember this is not traditional, but still good). Add the ham (roast pork), turkey, salami. (Then add the tomato, pepper, onion and lettuce remember this is not 'traditional,' but still good). Then top your sandwich and press. Press the sandwich on a hot skillet. If you have a sandwich press, use it to heat and press your Cuban. These are sold (made with variations of this recipe) in almost every Deli or Restaurant in Tampa, Florida. These are good cold, too.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use