Delicious Deep Fried Candy Bars
You've probably made homemade candy bars or used recipes using mars candy bars, but have you ever heard of fried candy bars? This recipe for Delicious Deep-Fried Candy Bars is sure to put a fun spin on the classic candy you love.
See this recipe and more in 47 Inexpensive Halloween Candy Ideas.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- chocolate covered candy bars, chilled
- 4 cups vegetable oil or shortening
- Combine egg, milk and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a cup.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well with a whisk. Cover and chill for a few minutes as you heat the oil.
- Use a chocolate covered candy bar for best results and make sure that it is chilled, some bars work better if frozen (Mars is the traditional bar but Snickers, Almond Joy, and even Twix and KitKat will work). After the candy bars are chilled and cut, remove the batter from the refrigerator and adjust the consistency if necessary.
- Heat about 4 cups of oil or shortening in a medium skillet to 375 degrees F.
- Dip the chilled candy bar in the batter and gently place into the oil. Cook only until the outside is golden.
- Remove and drain on brown paper. Allow to cool a minute, the inside can easily burn your mouth.
Read NextPerfect No Bake Peanut Butter Balls