Spiced Chicken with Balsamic Blueberry Green Bean Salad
A healthy salad recipe is just what the doctor ordered. Made with a robust spiced chicken, it is placed atop a bed of green beans and covered in a sweet delectable balsalmic-blueberry dressing. Topped with additional fresh blueberries and homemade croutons, this wonderful recipe from Campbellâ€™s Master Chef Thomas Griffiths' is a delight.
Preparation Time35 min
Chilling Time1 hr 15 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon corriander seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (18.7-ounces) Campbell's Select Harvest Healthy Request tomato with basil soup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1/2 pound green beans, coooked
- 4 slices of Peppridge Farm Farmhouse whole grain white bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cups V8 V-Fusion pomegranate blueberry
- 1 cup uncooked regular brown rice
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups spring salad mix
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the garlic, black pepper, chili powder, corianderand 2 tablespoons oil to make a paste. Rub the chicken with the garlic mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Stir the soup, 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining oil, basil and shallots in a medium bowl. Add the green beans and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Arrange the bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the pomegranate blueberry juice in a 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Spray the grill rack with the cooking spray and heat the grill to medium. Grill the chicken for 8 minutes or until cooked through, turning the chicken over once halfway through the grilling time.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the blueberries.
- Drain the green beans, reserving 1 tablespoon soup mixture. Return the green beans to the bowl. Stir in the mushroom mixture.
- Place the salad mix into a medium bowl. Add the reserved soup mixture and toss to coat.
- Slice the chicken. Divide the rice among 4 plates. Top with the green bean mixture. Arrange the chicken on the green bean mixture and top with the salad mix. Drizzle with the remaining vinegar. Sprinkle with the bread cubes and additional fresh blueberries.