Southern Muffin Tin Dessert Bites
With just four main ingredients, this muffin tin dessert couldn't be easier to throw together. Southern Muffin Tin Dessert Bites are mini pecan tarts that use a puff pastry sheet, so they're perfectly flaky and light. This muffin tin recipe would be perfect to make for a party since these bite-sized desserts are sure to be popular with a crowd. You may even want to double this recipe - they're addictive any time of year!
Preparation Time25 min
Cooking Time12 min
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed according to package directions
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Stir the brown sugar, butter and pecans in a small bowl.
- Unfold the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry into a 15 x 12-inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 20 (3-inch) squares. Press the squares into the bottoms of 20 (3-inch) muffin-pan cups. Place 1 heaping teaspoon pecan mixture in the center of each cup
- Bake the pastries for 12 minutes or until they're golden brown. Remove the pastries from the pans and let cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle the pastries with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Read NextHamburger Chowder