Old-Fashioned Gingerbread Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This Old-Fashioned Gingerbread Cake has been a staple on Christmas tables for generations! It's light, fluffy and warmly spiced for an easy dessert recipe that you can make in advance. With a dollop of whipped cream or a dusting of powdered sugar, this simple treat is a perfectly festive addition to any holiday spread. I love recipes that are native to our home state of Virginia, so I turned to The Colonial Williamsburg Tavern Cookbook when creating this old-fashioned recipe. I've kept the recipe almost exactly the same as the original, with the exception of a few tweaks to the seasoning (less ginger, adding cloves, a touch more salt). While gingerbread is often made with molasses, it can also be sweetened with sugar or honey. This traditional Williamsburg version is made without molasses, and instead is sweetened with dark brown sugar. The end result is a Christmas gingerbread cake with all of the warm spices and flavor that you love, in a lighter, fluffier dessert. The super moist gingerbread cake is not as dense as other recipes that call for molasses, so I find that it's the best of both worlds! "
Preparation Time10 min
Chilling Time30 min
Cooking Time27 min
Cooking MethodOven, Skillet
Cooking Vessel Size8 x 8 Baking Pan
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This cinnamon pull-apart bread recipe is all about shortcuts. It only takes five basic ingredients to make Gooey Apple Pull-Apart… Continue reading: "Gooey Apple Pull-Apart Breadvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slimming World Butter Chicken In Slow Cooker
- Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- Chennai Style Vadacurry
- Eggplant With Sweet Potato | Traditional And Instant Pot Edition
- Fusion Burritos
- Indo-chinese Paneer Chili
- Instant Pot Sprouted Mung Beans
- Restaurant Style Ranch Dressing
- Quick And Easy Indian Okra Recipe With Air Fryer
- Simple Deviled Eggs
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes