This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
"This is a delicious cake recipe. It is gluten-free too! I made it in two stages with the bigger ones for the bottom and the smaller ones for the top. It is a really moist cake and is sure to please. Impress your friends by making it really colorful as it awesome when you cut into it and are surprised by all of the colors! It is also really easy to make and does not take too long."
Cooking Vessel SizeTwo 6 x 2 inch round baking pans AND two 5 inch round baking pans
- 250 grams self-rising flour. (You can also use cake flour, but you must add in 3 teaspoons baking powder with this method)
- 180 grams Sugar
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 milliliters Cold Water
- 125 milliliters Cooking oil
- Pinch of salt
- 500 grams Butter x 2 (or full fat margarine)
- 500 grams powdered sugar x 2, or more or less to taste
- Fool colorings of your choice. I used liquid food coloring for the cake and powdered food coloring (black) for the icing
Sift dry ingredients.
In a container place oil, water and egg yolks. I find using a tupperware quick shake for this ideal. Shake it all up or whisk it all up to combine.
Beat egg whites until stiff. You are not making meringue. Just whisk them until they start to peak and there is no residue at the bottom.
Add the oil mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Fold in the egg whites.
Pour into greased cake tins.
Read NextVintage Cake