Best Peanut Butter Poke Cake
No need to turn around you've hit the jackpot with this delicious cake recipe. Peanut Butter Poke cake is a quick and easy homemade cake recipe that the family will love. With a delicious peanut butter sauce that goes on top of the cake and fills each little crack, it makes for one of the sweetest, moistest cake recipes in our collection.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- FOR THE ICING
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the sugar & flours in a bowl and whisk well. In your mixing bowl add your eggs, baking soda, and sour cream. Set aside.
n a bowlcombine peanut-butter, butter, and water. Mix.
Then pour the flour mixture & the peanut butter mixture into the mixing bowl and mix until just incorporated.
Pour into greased 8x8 pan, and bake for 25 minutes.
- When it is done, let it cool for 10 minutes and then poke holes in cake with fork or knife.
- Put butter, peanut-butter & milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil and stir constantly.
Take off burner, add powdered sugar & vanilla and mix well.
- Pour over the cake while both are still warm.