Dollar Store Black Bean Soup
Creating delicious meals on a budget is a difficult task. Try this wonderful Dollar Store Black Bean Soup for a great frugal recipe that only requires four ingredients. Made with beans, salsa and garnished with Cheddar cheese, it's a must for dinner tonight.
Note: Every dollar store is different, and not all of them may carry these ingredients. If your local dollar store does not carry these food products, feel free to substitute with inexpensive items from other grocery stores.
See more delcious recipes like these on this blogger's Featured Foodie page.
Cooking Time45 min
- 4 cans (15-ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 ounces jar of your favorite salsa
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a soup-sized pot, add the black beans, salsa, water and salt and cover the pot.
- Over-medium high heat, cook the beans for 30 minutes, stirring every five minutes or so.
- When beans are done, use an immersion blender to puree soup.
- Ladle soup into four bowls and if desired, garnish with cheddar cheese and green onions
Read NextGreat Depression Casserole
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jan 05, 2018
I love, love, love black beans and like to put them in just about everything I can...but I've never tried them as a soup before. I eat so many black beans that I'll usually cook a lot at a time then, keep them in the freezer to have on hand...but have been contemplating getting an immersion blender and this recipe is giving me a great reason to invest in one. This would make a great dip too!
Jan 03, 2018
I make black bean soup at my house all the time. It really is super yummy and very filling. If you want to amp up the flavour, add in some cumin and maybe some chili powder. If you want to add a bit of texture, at some diced red peppers and some corn niblets (so delicious!) If you are looking to fancy it up, top with a dollop of sour cream, a squeeze of lime, some chopped cilantro, and a bit of diced avocado. Oh my goodness, I am drooling just thinking about it!
Apr 07, 2013
Add a couple teaspoons of cumin and a bit of crushed red pepper also, a dollop of sour cream along with the cheddar when serving. All are sold at the dollar tree.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use