Here's an easy recipe to make a great pasta dinner. Asparagus pasta combines veggies and a creamy sauce for a delicious, hearty meal-perfect for any night of the week.
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1 package pasta of your choice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3-4 fresh mint or basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Steam the asparagus for a few minutes until brilliant green and somewhat tender.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the scallions and herbs for a few minutes.
- Stir in the cream and then the asparagus, heating gently. Season.
- Top the pasta with the mixture.
Read Next40 Amish Recipes