Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel-Topped Brownies
Salty? Sweet? Enjoy both with these decadent chocolate brownies that get swirled with a luscious peanut butter filling. Top them off the crunchy salty pretzels and you have a winning combination. Brownie recipes never tasted so good!
(Adapted from Joy the Baker).
- --Brownie Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- --Peanut Butter Filling Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a large handful of broken pretzels
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 11x7-inch baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, flour, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and baking powder with a whisk.
- Melt the butter and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips and stir with a whisk until they begin to melt. Add the sugar and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Set aside.
- For the peanut butter topping, mix the 4 tablespoons melted butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla together. Spoon this over the top of the brownies. Drag a knife back and forth through the mixture to swirl it all together.
- Break a large handful of pretzels over the top of the brownie/peanut butter mixture, pressing them down gently into the dough. Sprinkle lightly with a little additional sea salt.
- 4. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove them from the oven when the center is still slightly underdone and allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack.