Cream Cheese Cherry Brownies
These cream cheese brownies are delicious with the added sweetness of maraschino cherries. These are perfect served by themselves, but also make decadent brownie sundaes when paired with ice cream.
Cooking Time40 min
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup drained cut maraschino cherries, optional
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together cream cheese, egg, sugar, flour and cherries. Set aside.
- Mix together eggs, sugar, flour, and salt. Melt together cocoa and butter. Add to egg/sugar mixture; fold in nuts.
- Put 2/3 brownie mixture in a greased 8X8 inch pan. Cover with cheese layer. Top with remaining brownie layer.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Cool completely and frost with icing (recipe below).
- 1 1/3 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespooons margarine
- 5 teaspoons hot water
- Cream together all icing ingredients.
- Ice brownies when cooled.