Mini Make Ahead Breakfast Casseroles
Make up these perfect individual sized casserole recipes ahead of time for your family's enjoyment the next day. These Mini Make Ahead Breakfast Casseroles can be enjoyed with everyone all at once, or cooked up as needed.
Looking for more ideas for easy make-ahead casseroles? Find 11 additional recipes right here:
- 4 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 cup low-fat (1% milk fat) milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper or black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- paprika to taste
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook the sausage over moderate heat until cooked through.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, water, and chives. Pour over sausage in skillet.
- Cook, gently scrambling the eggs with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or just until firm yet moist. Spoon into 4 lightly greased 10-ounce custard cups.
- In a medium-size saucepan, whisk together the milk, flour, pepper, and salt. Cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly, until mixture starts to thicken.
- Cook and whisk for 2 minutes more or until thickened. Stir in the Swiss cheese until melted. Spoon the cheese mixture over the eggs.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake casseroles, covered, for 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with paprika before serving. Makes 4 main-dish servings.